Serving Our Neighbors
St. Thomas is an active member of the Chesapeake community and work to enrich lives beyond our own.
- LGBTQ CENTER – We prepare 150 meals each month for their housebound patients.
- MEALS ON WHEELS – Several parishioners deliver meals to those who can’t cook for themselves.
- ANGEL TREE – Each Christmas parishioners buy gifts for families in need.
- CHIP (Chesapeake Health Investment Program) – Gather baby items and donations for cribs
- THE RED CROSS – We are a proud sponsor of the American Red Cross Blood Drives.
- CAST (Chesapeake Area Shelter Team) – Prepare meals for our homeless neighbors.
- BUFFALOW FAMILY MINISTRY – Gather food, coats and household items for Buffalow Family Minstry
We also care for our neighbors by:
- Providing a gathering place for Alcoholics Anonymous and Alanon
- Sponsoring Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops