How We Do Outreach
St. Thomas is an active member of the Chesapeake community and work to enrich lives beyond our own. Explore the ways we do this below.
- Sponsoring a Boy Scout and Girl Scout troop
- LGBTQ CENTER – We prepare 150 meals each month for their housebound patients.
- MEALS ON WHEELS – Several parishioners deliver meals to those who can’t cook for themselves.
- ANGEL TREE – Each Christmas parishioners buy gifts for families in need.
- CHIP (Chesapeake Health Investment Program)
- THE RED CROSS – We are a proud sponsor of the American Red Cross Blood Drives. They are held quarterly in our fellowship hall.
- Hosting our homeless neighbors for one week each year as part of CAST (Chesapeake Area Shelter Team)
- Providing a gathering place for Alcoholics Anonymous and Alanon
- Providing a gathering place for Overeaters Anonymous